Accepted abstracts/papers will be published in the 2nd ISSH-2021 proceedings volume which has the ISBN publication Index – 978-0-9945391-6-8 of ISBN Agency of Australia and will be submitted for indexing with the Clarivate ISI Web of Science conference proceedings citation index (the ISSH-2019 Proceedings were indexed in the CPCI database).
After the conference, those papers which meet academic requirements from those abstracted and presented at ISSH-2021, will then be selected and invited by the editorial team for extension and rewriting for possible publication in journals such as: Inter-Asia Cultural Studies (ISI), Review of Radical Political Economics (ISI), Social Identities (Scopus), or Thesis Eleven (Scopus), for blind peer review and publication.
Innovations in the Social Sciences and Humanities 2019
See a video of the 2019 conference:
See the 2019 conference reported on TV news HTV9
See here for news items, notes and more:
See here for pictures:
Three Journals carried papers from the previous conference in special issues:
Journal of Asian and African Studies
Volume 55 Issue 6, September 2020
Eds Nguyen Minh Huan & John Hutnyk
Educational Philosophy and Theory
Eds: Le Thi Mai and John Hutnyk
Innovating Institutions: Instituting Innovation
Volume 26, Issue 5.
WhatsApp in India? A case study of social media related lynchings
Feeza Vasudeva & Nicholas Barkdull
An ‘un-imagined community’: the entangled genealogy of an exclusivist nationalism in Myanmar and the Rohingya refugee crisis
Arnab Roy Chowdhury
Twenty first-century tourism representations of Sri Lanka: exploring the worldmaking role and implications of local tourism writers
Gauthami Kamalika Jayathilaka
The editor of proposed future issues will be the Chair of the conference, often with others involved in the organisation, co-chairs and colleagues.
- Robinson on Con Dao: Mango writing and faltering diplomacy in the precursors of Crusoe in Vietnam in Southeast Asia Research 2021
- 'Robinsonades: pertaining to allegories from the East India Company in Ceylon and other islands, from Marxism to Post-structuralism, and in which, dear reader, a 300-year-old adventure book may still have something to say' in Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, 2020, 21:2, 279-286, DOI: 10.1080/14649373.2020.1766236
- The Corporate Menagerie, In Thesis Eleven August 13, 2020
- Co research in Vietnam for the anthropology classroom with Do Thi Xuan Huong, in Education Philosophy and Theory, 2020, with supplement rept_a_1752187_sm3452
- The Pecuniary Animus of the University in Education, Philosophy and Theory, 2020
- If the Tigers and Cyclones Don’t Get You, the Law Will, South Asia 2019
- Global South Asia on Screen. Book, Aakar books, India only edition 2019
- What did you do in the war? in the journal History and Anthropology 2019
- Marx in Calcutta, CITY 2018
- Global South Asia on Screen, Book, Bloomsbury World Edition, 2018